Thursday, March 1, 2018

Airfield control tower and concrete apron .....

Things do eventually get finished... the Airfix control tower has now been painted up ...
 I wanted a section of concrete apron for aircraft display and also for use for story lines and games. I had a spare piece of MDF 16" x 24" in size to use up, I managed to find a suitable concrete texture image online, tweaked it and printed out a few; cut and stuck to the MDF looks quite reasonable
taxi-ways and runway next ? maybe ....
storage space is the enemy of modeller's - I wish I had a Tardis . 😃

3 comments:

Service Ration Distribution (Hobby) said...

Nice Control Tower. I need to get on and build mine. Excellent runway apron. Really looks the part.

Monty said...

Great work!

Phil said...

I do like this control tower, beautiful!