Friday, March 27, 2020

Submarine model - hull and deck improvements

After thinking carefully on how best to improve the submarine model I made some time back, I decided on the following
- raising the out of water height by 3mm
- add a wider curved shape to the central section to represent the top of the ballast tanks.
- improving the look of the deck

I got the sub out for modification, plus a couple of reference photos ....
 I used some paper and a bendy ruler to mark out a template for the new central part shape...
New parts cut out of 3mm card and stuck to the underside, the height 'out of water' look is much better
 new side shape created using plastic wood followed by a light sanding down...
deck given a new surface using some strips of textured wallpaper...
New deck painted and the hull given a new coat of grey paint
I'll have to think of a game I could use it in ....

No comments: